|DCM Shriram Industries Group has always been
dedicated to meeting their responsibility towards protection of environment and conserving
scarce natural resources. This has prompted us to adopt the following measures :
- Boilers modified for multi-fuel arrangement and can be run
on various renewable fuels, viz., bagasse, rice-husk and eco-friendly bio-gas (methane).
- Effective flue gas wet scrubbing system using in-house
technologies to release pollution free flue gases.
- Bio-methanation and secondary Plant set up to obtain
eco-friendly bio-gas from distillery effluent, using in-house technologies.
- Effluent Treatment Plants set up in all factories to not
only control discharge of pollutants within prescribed limit but also generates bio gas
which is used as a claen fuel in the boilers
- Green Belt in and around the factory and residential
- Minimising energy and water consumption in processess.
- Yearly Plantation practice
- Newer technology are adopted to minimise consumption of
energy and water in the complex
- Bio compost plant provides eco-friendly manure to the
farmers of the area
It is our policy to maintain the wholesomeness of the
environment and preserve the ecosystem.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Health and safety of employees and the
public is of paramount importance to us.
Shriram Rayons, has won
the National Safety Award for 15 Yrs.
Organise regular training programmes
covering all aspects of safety and hazardous operations.
Assessment and elimination of potential
hazards/risks to Safety, Health and the environment, supported by regular safety audits
and timely implementation and maintenance of safety systems supported by periodic drills